Friday, June 16, 2006

She is getting irritated

I stopped by my regular liquor store on the way home from work because the doctor has been hankering for some gin and tonics and I wanted to replenish my tequila supply in case the opportunity to do some tequila shots would arise in the future. Most of the guys (and the one gal) that work there are super nice. Helpful when you need it, but otherwise unobtrusive. This one guy, however, constantly narrates everything that you are doing while you are in the store, but in the third person. For example:

"She wants to buy some alcohol. There's going to be some drinking tonight!"
"She is looking at the bourbon. She wants the bourbon on the bottom shelf. The bourbon on the top shelf is for sale!"
"Ooooh, she is looking at the tequila!"
"She also wants some gin. She is picking up the big bottle."
"She is ready to pay."

I have no response to that.

This is the weirdest attempt at humor? customer service? flirtation? I have ever seen. Usually when he is there, I'm the only other person in the store, but this time there was another woman shopping around. The guy almost had a heart attack trying to narrate both of us without getting confused. Eventually he settled on primarily narrating the other woman's shopping since she was there first.

This time there was also another employee in the store, one who was actually ringing people up. The narrator sat behind him on a stool and did his narrating. The other employee looked extremely irritated.

I wonder what else this dude narrates. Perhaps he narrates everything?

3 comments:

amanda said...

if i had known about this before coming to texas, i would have demanded a visit to this liquor store. she would have died laughing!

Anonymous said...

I am typing a comment on your blog to say that sounds really embarrassing both for you and for that guy. I am more than halfway done with the comment. I am ending the comment.

casual ninja said...

i contend that he raised himself in the wilderness with only an old rob schneider saturday night live clip for a mother. if you respond to his odd narration with your own, "makin' some copies", and he attempts to suckle you will know my hypothesis is correct.