Sunday, February 01, 2009

Origami Foodstuffs

Looks tasty, right? We were the lucky recipients of an origami fast food and origami dessert set this xmas, thanks to the always awesome Nick and Mary P.. When some friends invited us over for a craft night this weekend, we figured beer and moral support were all we would need to turn a handful of colorful squares of paper into the delicious three-dimensional feast pictured on the outside of the packaging. We had a few strikes against us like not reading Japanese, and my general impatience with folding. Our secret weapon, however, was the totally awesome and patient Dan who very nicely assembled a beautiful dessert and most of the very complicated hamburger after I gave up on it and took solace in my totally presentable "Fried Potato." Overall I think we did a pretty good job, if you ignore my cold drinks. And there are several tasty paper items still to be assembled, so this is really the gift that keeps on giving. Thanks Nick and Mary!

[Complete photo documentation here.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been craving fast food ever since you pulled those little sheets of paper out.