Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's hard to write about short stories

Hey, guess what! My random book generator suggested a book of short stories from Josh's library. But this one isn't from the 1990s, oh no. Its from 1989. So we are really changing it up here, folks.

The non-randomness of my "random" book selection should not take away from the good read that is Mark Richard's The Ice at the Bottom of the World, however. And it is good. Really good. My problem is that I find it very hard to write anything about a book of short stories that I liked. So just take my word for it: good.

I can give you a little trivia, though: apparently the title story from the book is going to be made into a movie starring Charlize Theron and directed by Kimberly Peirce who directed Boys Don't Cry. That could potentially be interesting. The story is great, but also short, so a lot will need to be filled in. I like Charlize Theron (she is tall, and I automatically like the tall), but she is sometimes a little heavy-handed.

So the final verdict: book = good, movie = maybe good.

No comments: