Thursday, October 19, 2006

Air Head

I am in the middle of cleaning my tub and the mixture of chemicals has taken away my ability to post. Why do mildew and soap scum need different chemicals to go away? Why don't I clean my shower more often so that it wasn't such an undertaking when I do? Will my mother even look in my shower while my family is visiting this weekend? (My folks get a hotel room, which probably has a really clean shower.) My sister will shower here, but she probably doesn't mind a little soap scum. Why is cleaning so hard? Why?

Back to scrubbing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to try that stupid anti-mildew crap you spray all over the shower right after you use it, but that's almost as much effort as cleaning it. I say we stop showering.

Mary P. said...

I'll tell you why you don't clean it often: because cleaning the shower blows chunks. Yes that's right. chunks. And who wants to blow chunks every week? I don't thats for sure.

Don't forget the power of your magic eraser! I have also found the magic Borax (though it is just called Borax sans the magic)- I use it to clean the sink and it doesn't smell (because it is a grainy powder - it is also really cheap for a large box of it and has multiple uses according to the back of the box). The mildew remover is a blessing and a curse...I usually end up getting a headache but you don't have to scrub much at all!

Don't feel like you have to spruce the place up when we visit...as long as I don't get some sort of foot fungus - I am cool.

Spacebeer said...

I'll invest all my time in purchasing beer and thinking of good foodstuffs to eat instead of wasting precious braincells on mildew remover.