Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Family fun

We have survived and enjoyed another visit from my parents and my youngest sister, who should be driving along somewhere in Northern Kansas or Southern Nebraska by now.

Since we have lived here for six years, and they have also been visiting my cousin in Austin for about 25 years, it is sometimes challenging to find new things to do with my parents when they come to town. This time we came up with: checking out the Blanton, watching The Departed at the Alamo Village, showing my sister off to some friends, going to the Dog and Duck, driving to San Antonio to see my aunts and cousins up there, hiking around at the Hamilton Preserve (where I took this tree shot -- but not swimming in the pool because it was too chilly), and going to Barton Creek Mall. And also drinking a thousand beers and eating out a bunch (including Tony's Vineyard, Sao Paulo's, Central Market Cafe, my aunt's house, my cousin's house, the Salt Lick and Jorge's). I now weigh about 10 pounds more and am completely worn out.

And my sister helped me figure out a costume. Thank god for sisters and their shopping advice.

Complete photographic evidence available here.

No comments: