If you are not one of the 2.4 million people to whom I have already raved about this recipe and harassed into making it in their own kitchens, then you need to pay attention. These puffy oven pancakes are amazing and exciting. You will love them.
1. Whisk together 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp of sugar, and 1/3 a tsp of salt.
2. In another bowl, thoroughly whisk together 4 eggs and 1 cup of milk.
3. Put the dries into the wets and whisk the whole gang together until well blended, then let the batter sit at room temperature for 1/2 an hour.
4. Heat your oven to 475.
5. Divide 1/2 a stick of butter between two pie pans. I used one pie pan and one 9X9 baking dish. A woman I work with sometimes puts all the butter and all the batter into one big rectangular baking dish instead of dividing it.
6. Move your lowest oven rack down to the lowest slot in the oven. Make sure the other rack is considerably higher so that your pancakes don't puff into it.
7. Put the pie pans with their butter into the oven until the butter melts.
8. When the butter is melted, swoosh it around to coat the bottom and sides of each pie pan, then divide your batter evenly between the two pans.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes until they are golden brown and set in the center. They will puff up to a considerable degree (like three or four inches above the side of the pan).
10. Cut into wedges and squeeze lemon juice on top, then dust with powdered sugar.