Thursday, December 08, 2005

Who's an idiot?

The person who scraped all the ice off her car and then made her husband get up and take her to work. Worked for fifteen minutes and then figured out that the University was actually closed all day today and not just until ten like they said yesterday. She then worked another half an hour until said hubby came to get her again even though all he wanted to do was go back to bed.

It was kind of satisfying to scrape my car off, though. I hadn't had to do that for a long time. And it really wasn't icy out, at least on the surface streets. Texans are weenies about cold weather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to my friend Dan this morning. It didn't help that UT didn't post the notice on its website until nine this morning.

I was indignant because we had to go in at 10 today. Do you think I can count that as a near-death experience?