Thursday, December 01, 2005

Because Joel asked me to,

and because I can't believe I didn't think of it yesterday, here is the track listing (and title) for my birthday cd of love:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRISTY A COLLECTION OF LOVE SONGS AND ROCK AND ROLL PLEASANTRIES SELECTED BY A COALITION OF SECRET BOYFRIENDS AND YOUR HUSBAND
1. Dexys Midnight Runners – I Love You (Listen To This)
2. The Kinks – Apeman
3. Dusty Springfield – The Look Of Love
4. Shelley Duvall – He Needs Me
5. The Jimi Hendrix Experience – May This Be Love
6. Jeff Buckley – Lilac Wine
7. The Magnetic Fields – If There’s Such A Thing As Love
8. The Impressions – Woman’s Got Soul
9. T. Rex – Hot Love
10. Billy Bragg & Wilco – Secret Of The Sea
11. Neil Young – Harvest Moon
12. Marvin Gaye – If I Should Die Tonight
13. They Might Be Giants – S-E-X-X-Y
14. Al Green – Love And Happiness
15. Epic Soundtracks – Emily May (You Make Me Feel So Fine)
16. Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Want To Have Fun
17. Mark Lanegan – I’ll Take Care Of You
18. Thin Lizzy – Showdown
19. Ween – Hey There Fancypants
20. Aimee Mann – Save Me
21. Harry Nilsson – Turn On Your Radio

Feel free to recreate the CD and pretend you are me. Guess which one is "our song" and win a banana.

2 comments:

carrie said...

um, apeman? :)

Spacebeer said...

You got it. I honestly meant the banana thing to be a joke and not a hint, but later that night I realized that I'd practically given the answer away...