Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Birthday Bash!

Yesterday I turned the ripe old age of twenty-nine. Twenty-eight felt weird the whole time, so I'm hoping twenty-nine feels a little more comfortable. I sometimes feel like I'm meant to be in my thirties or maybe even my forties, so I guess I just have to wait until then.

My birthday-day was a bit lame as I had a ten hour day at work, eight of which was spent in a project management workshop (basically eight hours of people saying things like buy-in, deliverables, and responsibility matrix - plus I got eight more hours of it today. I can manage the fuck out of your projects now). After work was much better as Dr. Mystery presented me with a case of beer and a mix-CD that he made for me. I can't really explain how great the mix-CD is. We have been together for 6+ years and the guy has never made me a mix tape even though he is constantly producing mix tapes (he has probably made 500 mix tapes since we met). He's always said he thought it would be cheesy, which it kind of is, but it is still totally nice. And I really don't think anyone has ever made me a mix tape before ever.

Other things I got for my birthday:
1. Three e-cards, two nice emails, and two happy birthday comments.
2. A bookcase from my parents.
3. A rockin paper-mache cat and a shiny fish mirror from tjd. I hung the mirror up in our kitchen way up high in an interesting spot that needed some shinyness and the kitty is in the living room so I can look at it all the time because I love it.
4. As yet unknown presents from my two sisters, one of whom actually has the same birthday as me since she was born on my sixth birthday. I lamely didn't get her anything but love this year, but she got me something anyway. What a good sport.
5. Three birthday phone calls.

So, overall, the day was a success. I was able to apply my learning and creatively manage the 29th birthday project. Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, you woulda gotten a "happy birthday" from me if i'd known. happy birthday!
and don't you think you should tell what's on the mix? or is it a secret?

Old Stallion said...

29? morelike 483,271. What a great joke! Thanks!
Day of Birth annually! Bliss

Plop Blop said...

Happy Birthday. Many returns to the day. (What the hell does that even mean?)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday(ish)!