Wednesday, December 20, 2006

SBW: The Senior Correspondent Edition

Since I work at an enlightened institution that gave us a reduced schedule on Monday and Tuesday (9 to 4, dogs, with plenty of long lunch Christmas party action), and the rest of the year off, I've gotten to watch a little of the Today show this week, which I usually miss since I'm out the door by seven. Matt Lauer is apparently on vacation, and my SB David Gregory has been filling in. Nice.




You would think it would be easier to find pictures of Gregory, but there are apparently a lot of people out there with the same name. And if you are the senior White House correspondent for NBC, almost all the pictures of you will be the same press photo or a series of grainy screen shots from someones television. This does not make for compelling viewing.

If Wikipedia is to be believed, Gregory was actually being considered as a replacement for Matt Lauer in 2007, but apparently that has been dropped and Lauer's contract continued. So for now, all we can hope is that Matt goes on many more lengthy vacations on the days when I can catch a few minutes of Today.

[As you might expect, You Tube has many clips of David Gregory animatedly interrupting Bush and making him look stupid. It also has a clip of Gregory imitating Bush on the Tonight Show. I love it when I can find live-action SB shots...]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do like David Gregory. He makes the daily briefings really fun to watch. Kind of. Sometimes.

Anonymous said...

P.S. That was me, Joolie! My finger slipped and it posted anonymously, but I want full credit for sharing your admiration for David Gregory!

Spacebeer said...

Even though you can provide limited toothbrush selection advice, your support in giving DG the appreciation he deserves has been duly noted.

Spacebeer said...

My dear Bartleby, you just have no taste in men.

Anonymous said...

So what toothbrush did you get?

Spacebeer said...

Some kind of cross-hatch diagonal bristle thingie -- regular, not battery-operated. Of course, it cost almost $4 for some reason, so I could have splurged for the moving around one. I get so flustered in the toothbrush aisle. Why do there have to be so many?