Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Robocam

Meet Robocam, my new best computer friend. My sister had the inspired idea of getting everyone in my family matching robot-shaped webcams for Christmas. The lens is in his little tummy, the microphone is on his little forehead, and his little eyes light up (in actually a kind of freaky way) to brighten your face. Plus he is shaped like a robot with poseable arms and legs. Even if I never used him as a webcam, he is a pretty nice addition to the computer ensemble. So far the only person I've video-conferenced with is my dad, and we spent most of the time just laughing and waving our hands in front of the camera. It was fun for a novelty call, though, and also fun to see my dad's face, my mom popping in, and a portion of the living room.

Overall using my robocam makes me feel like I'm living in the future -- because isn't the future all jetpacks and video phones?

No comments: