Monday, January 14, 2008

Skitter, scratch, and squeak

Dear Mice,

I don't really like you in the kitchen -- in fact, you make me irritated and germ-conscious when I hear you under the fridge. What I like even less, however, is your nightly dance parties in the ceiling right above my head while I'm trying to sleep. 11 pm - 5 am might seem like a good time for running back and forth and making never-ending scratching sounds to you, but it is actually my prime sleeping window. I sincerely hope that you are trying to come up from our upstairs neighbors floor and not down through our ceiling so you can fall onto my bed, but at 3 am, when I've been up for hours, all I can think of is a mouse invasion in the bedroom. This means that, even if I do manage to slip into sleep for a bit, my dreams will not be so good. So please, for the sake of my sanity, have your party somewhere else. I'm sure our neighbors won't mind.

Best,

SB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet they stop now that you've made your case so calmly and persuasively. They probably just didn't know they were bothering you.

Spacebeer said...

The crazy thing is that I haven't heard them in the bedroom since I posted that (although there still appears to be a dude coming in and out of the kitchen). Mice read blogs!