Wednesday, January 23, 2008

StuPd

Along the same lines of the buzzings pet peeve: why would a financial institution with a nice, solid name like Washington Mutual decide to change its name to the dumb sounding WaMu? I can't even say WaMu without sounding like an asshole. Is that what Washington Mutual wants from us? Do they think we can't remember two words so instead they'll just give us two syllables?

Luckily I bank at the totally solid credit union, so I don't have to worry about abbreviations -- just nice friendly acronyms like UFCU.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You pronounce that OofKoo, right? Wait, I know, OofKoo's. Yes!

Counting down the days 'til Southby,

Joobra

chewtastic said...

damn. i think a bunch of us say oofkoo. and i used to say boeufa when i banked there.

Anonymous said...

I say OofKoo sometimes, and you know what I hate? When I say something as a joke but at some point the invisible quotation marks fall off and then it's just my vocabulary. (Dude.)

Reader Of The Pack said...

The really cool thing about UFCU is not the creepy remodel but the fancy ATMs. They count your cash and scan your checks - right there at the ATM! It's automated! Tellers are no longer necessary. Pretty amazing if you ask me.