Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Artsplosion!

A few weeks ago, a friend of a friend posted about some wonderful Smiths paintings he ordered from an artist named Steve Keene. I thought his painting style was really compelling, and I liked that he had a lot of music related paintings. The best thing of all, though, is that you can go to Steve Keene's site and order a random painting for a reasonable price. I did just such a thing, expecting to receive a single painting, but either I didn't read the fine print or whoever packs the paintings thought I sounded nice, because instead of one painting, I got six.

Besides his painting style and the affordability, the most appealing thing to me about the whole process is the randomness. For example, we happened to get a rendition of Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps album. And Neil Young happens to be one of Josh's favorite musicians of all time.

So now, if you come over to our apartment, there is an artsplosion on the wall. Don't be scared, ya'll -- a little artsplosion never hurt anybody.

P.S. For slightly flashy, but still representative close-ups of the paintings, go here.

2 comments:

casual ninja said...

i accidentally transposed the s and the p in blogspot when i typed your sight address in, and it took me to a decidedly creepy website on amazing bible stories.

Spacebeer said...

Actual paintings -- he paints in multiples (there is a picture of him in action on the website), so they are kind of like prints in that there are a bunch of them, but all painted individually.