Friday, April 21, 2006

Reading is good

If you are cool (and live in Austin), you will be like me and head out to the Literacy Austin Bookfest this weekend (downtown at 3rd and San Antonio).

The schedule goes like this:

Fri,    April 21          3 PM - 9 PM     ($15 entry)         
Sat,   April 22          8 AM - 8 PM     ($3 entry)             
Sun,  April 23          Noon  - 6 PM    ($3 entry)             
Wed, April 26         11 AM - 2 PM   (Free entry)        
Sat,   April 29          8 AM - 3 PM    (Free entry) 
(No entry fee for children under 12).

In addition, this Friday and Saturday they won't charge any sales tax on the books. I am not gung ho enough to go the first day and pay fifteen bucks, but I think I will go this weekend and pay the three dollars instead of waiting for free entry. Because I like Literacy, and I want to give it three more dollars.

The past two years I have gone out and had a big mexican dinner with multiple margaritas, and then gone book shopping while all tipsy. That is pretty fun, although a person ends up with some odd selections. Most of the books are only one or two dollars, which (together with the margaritas) is an excellent excuse to pick up something that you might ordinarily just put down.

Complete report later, suckas.

1 comment:

carrie said...

ooh fun! i love cheap books. and margaritas.