Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The land of 1000 beers

I'm about halfway through uploading my DC pictures, but let me give you a little taste of the excitement. One night, after eating the best pizza on earth, we found our way to The Brickskeller, the home of the world's largest beer list - over 1000 kinds of beer. You get a big ole menu that has the beers listed by country -- to help organize our drinking, we decided to drink our heritage. I had a Czech beer that I can no longer remember, and a Danish Carlsberg (with an elephant on the bottle!), and then moved on to their exciting on tap collection. I can't even remember what Josh had. Something Irish for sure. A sip of my Czech thing. A big German something. And then a Sapporo, although he is not actually Japanese.

The whole bar was really pretty fabulous, but my favorite feature was the shelves of discontinued beer cans along the wall. If you look closely at the picture above, you will see a blurry Party King. From now on, that is the only beer for me. Remember: Party King. It comes in a big oversized tin. If you'd like, you can buy me one here.

I later heard that they store all the beers in the basement and use a dumbwaiter system to send the order down to the stockroom guy and deliver the beer up to the bar. Anything that involves a dumbwaiter is okay by me.

More beer pictures here.

No comments: