Thursday, March 17, 2005

Archives Powers, Activate!

I don't know much about Bionicles, except that they are kind of like little robots and the Lego company makes them. What I learned yesterday (from the Archives and Archivists listserv) is that at least two of the little guys are archivists! Their names are Tehutti and Toa Whenua. I think you have to have the encyclopediac brain of a 10 year old to really understand the super complicated story surrounding these dudes, but I like that archives are apparantly really important to the little guys and that Tehutti doesn't feel that all his hard archives work is being appreciated. He's just a little archives worker bee. The other guy is some kind of archivist turned super-hero/king/leader. He also has X-ray vision and two Earthshock Drills that can blast through anything. Those are not standard archival tools. We stick with bone folders and microspatulas...

[p.s. to those of you who check in regularly - I'll be out of town for a few days for my father-in-law's wedding....]

No comments: