Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Wacky Wizadry

I recently blasted my way through Book Two in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. (Thanks to A.). When I say blasted my way through, I mean I read the first 200 pages between dinner and when my parents and sister arrived for a weekend visit about three hours later. Then I finished the book the next day. Blasted through. I've also been loaned the third book in the series, which I plan to attack after I catch up on some magazine reading. If you have even the slightest bit of love for children's lit in your heart, you should totally check out these books. Don't be put off by the fact that they are so popular and that kids and adutls are rabid to read them -- there is a reason that JK Rowling is like Elvis for the 9-12 crowd. The books rock.

Also, I haven't seen any of the movies yet, but I think I want to. Have any of you seen them? Are they good?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I linked to you via oh my stars and garters via sundry and yes I have seen the movies and I thought that the last one was brilliant.