Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Grab Bags

I bought the happiest bag of coffee at the FreshPlus grocery on 43rd and Duval the other day. This store is right in my neighborhood, and for some reason I am constantly forgetting about it. Last Friday my forgetfulness was overcome by my desire to avoid all the construction by my house, and a plan to go to FreshPlus for beer and coffee beans was born. The main reason I bought these Cafe Copan beans was (obviously) the burlap sack. But the main reason I was attracted to the burlap sack was because my arms were full of beer and I needed something that would be easy to grab.

Did the marketing folk at Cafe Copan ever think about this angle? My guess is, no. But they should. And now I have this nice little burlap sack, and I'd love to do something neat and crafty with it, but I have no ideas. In fact, my best idea so far is to use it as a sack. Not very creative. Any suggestions?

And finally, please note that this company also sells totally cute 4 oz bags of their beans in mini-burlap sacks. And that the coffee is very good.

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Hmmm . .. if you live in a cold climate, you could fill the 4 oz ones with ordinary beans (like, dried kidney beans) or barley or rice and use it as a hot bag. Throw it in the microwave for 30 sec. and put them in your mits when you go out on a cold day. Or if they have several slightly different ones you could frame them for a funky kitchen display. Or you could roll it up and use it as a hat . . . (um, or not).