Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Me vs. the Beautiful People

I was talking with Josh a little bit ago about a friend-of-a-friend that I don't know very well but that everyone else seems to really really like. I found myself telling Josh that I instinctively don't like this guy because he is too good looking and too popular. I have trouble taking really popular, attractive people seriously, and while I don't hate them as a default, I never find myself really liking them either. There is something kind of untrustworthy about someone who is so easily liked.

Basically, I guess I'm saying that if you are my friend you are attractive, but not too attractive; friendly, but not overly popular; and together, but not overly confident. And if there is something a little weird, uncomfortable, or goofy about you, I probably liked you right away.

Image honorably borrowed from Daniel Clowes. I think it's from David Boring

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZOE
How do you write women so well?

MELVIN
I think of a man and take away
reason and accountability.

Josh Krauter said...

Is this random quotes from shitty movies day?

casual ninja said...

if you hadn't said this popular, too good-looking person was a dude i would have supposed you were talking about me. i struggle daily with how popular and good looking i am. i didn't realize it could cost me your friendship. i flew too close to the sun.