Saturday, January 21, 2006

Inter-poo

Interview is a semi-guilty pleasure magazine of mine (although I haven't renewed my subscription for another year even though it is ridiculously cheap). It has nice pictures, and there are generally some vaguely interesting celebrities in each issue. I'm the kind of person who reads every word of the magazines I subscribe to and every page of the books I buy. Yet I almost always skip Ingrid Sischy's inane "Letter from the Editor" column in Interview. Tonight I was bored and flipping through the latest issue when my eyes skimmed her letter and found this jewel of a sentence (actually two sentences and a lot of hyphens):

"In part, thanks to hip-hop's affection for over-the-top accessorizing and Hollywood's preoccupation with full-on camera-ready red-carpet appearances, these are real good times for houses that specialize in high jewelry. But, in other quarters -- New Orleans, most obviously -- there are thousands of people who have no houses."

Zuh?

No comments: