Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Idoloholic, plus addendums

I am totally watching American Idol and getting drunk tonight and no one can stop me. Also I might clean the kitchen at the same time, because I think what we are going to have is fifteen minutes of show that I want to watch, and an hour and three quarters of filler. Plus, I'm a good multitasker like that. Also I hate the new singles for both Taylor and Katharine. Why do they write the Idol finalists such lame ballads?

And I want Taylor to win (even though Katharine has been another one of my favorites). Because, honestly, can anyone even figure out how he made it to this spot?

***

Addendum:

Meatloaf just sang. I am in ecstasy.

***

Second Addendum:

Prince just sang. My mind is officially blown.

***

Final drunken American Idol thoughts:

1. Man, I love dirty martinis.

2. Isn't Taylor great? I really like his hair.

3. Prince rocks.

4. Also Meatloaf. He sang the shit out of that song. I also like that he seems to shake his microphone and/or his shoulder when he holds a note instead of singing a vibrato. That is some kind of Meat Technique.

5. Mary J. Blige sounded very nice, but she was a jerk in terms of sharing the song with Elliott. The guy just couldn't get a note in edgewise without sounding all off-key because she was soloing the whole thing. That isn't nice. Even Live was better than that, and Live is not better than Mary J.

6. Was Toni Braxton drunk or was her microphone not working? Or was she singing too low? It seemed like they cut her song off early, so something was going on. The jury is still out.

7. Apparently they had that choir from last night on retainer to come out and dance around for either Taylor or Katharine, whichever one won. But why didn't they sing? Or maybe they did but I missed it because I was caught up in the moment.

8. I wish they would have shown Katharine's father's tears of rage when she didn't win since they kept doing close-ups of him crying before she lost.

9. My favorite line: "Stand up America! I'm living the American Dream!"

10. I didn't really clean the kitchen. Cleaning and drinking don't mix, people. I did do the dishes and wipe down the counters though, so don't worry: we aren't living in flith.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i do not believe in taylor or other girl. her proportions fuck with my sense of space- this will not work for american television let along idol-ing. taylor can shake it but his hair looks like like dirty carpet. agreed, prince is amazing.
-jill