Friday, May 19, 2006

You should really be reading Achewood

I once again skipped over the random book generator to buzz through two new Achewood books I got in the mail the other day. Yes, its none other than Peter H. "Nice Pete" Cropes' long-awaited A Wonderful Tale (excerpts of which are available on his blog here, and if you need an introduction to Nice Pete (everyone needs one) you can look here and scroll forward through time. The published version was totally worth my six bucks, particularly because its ending is the best on earth. So top that.

Secondly, I'm in the middle of reading Achewood Volume VI: The Dude is From Circumstances, a collection of the Achewood strips published from November 2004 through July 2005. Right now I'm in the section where Ray has a party in his bathroom because the 2,000 Flushes made the toilet water such a great shade of blue.

Obviously you should be reading this strip every day. Galaxy Nachos and toilet parties? It is the perfect combination.

3 comments:

amanda said...

i love achewood. last week, when philipe was in that cooler, i was on the edge of my seat.

Plop Blop said...

Achewood changed my life. As in, "I want to live my life now." I left my "Achewood Cookbook" at SuperSaver and almost cried. Luckily, they found it and held it for us. I made "Five Dollar Chili" yesterday and ate like a king. Onstad deserves one of those Genius Grants.

Spacebeer said...

I like the idea of you walking up and down the aisles at Super Saver with your Achewood cookbook, searching for all the ingredients for the Five Dollar Chili.

Man, I want some Five Dollar Chili right now....