Saturday, July 01, 2006

Dig that crazy sound

Last month I was the lucky winner of Dr. Mystery's monthly random caption contest. My prize: A lovely lounge compilation.

I have a strange lounge music relationship -- I really hate bad lounge compilations, crappy "Swingers" type affectations, and ridiculous ironic martini bars where the patrons are all dressed up idiots. However, I really love good lounge music. I religiously listen to Jay Robillard's Lounge Show on KOOP every Saturday morning. Actually I'm listening to it right now. And I do like martinis a lot.

The solution to my lounge dilemma?: A Dr. Mystery compiled lounge CD --

LE FEEL INTERNACIONALE: A PANTSLESS JOURNEY THROUGH THE EXOTIC WORLD OF SOUND
1. Todd Rundgren - International Feel
2. Croatian schoolkids -– Magical World
3. Caetano Veloso - Soy loco por ti America
4. Serge Gainsbourg & Brigitte Bardot -– Comic Strip
5. Jon Brion & Greg Leisz -– Moana Chimes
6. Slim Gaillard & His Middle Europeans - Yip Roc Heresy
7. Rockin'’ Rebels -– Let'’s Play House
8. Esquivel! -– Tico Tico
9. Connie Francis -– Among My Souvenirs
10. Los Lobos - Sabor a mi
11. Henry Mancini - Lujon
12. Os Mutantes - Adeus Maria Fulo
13. The Langley Schools Music Project - Good Vibrations
14. Pavement -– 5 - 4 = Unity
15. Michel Polnareff -– Petite petite
16. Tom Ze -– Um "“oh"” e um "“ah!"”
17. The Revels -– Intoxica
18. Jackie DeShannon -– Needles and Pins
19. Virginia Rodrigues -– Raca Negra
20. Beastie Boys -– The Blue Nun
21. Lesley Gore - You DonĂ‚’t Own Me
22. Mukesh - Main pal do pal ka shair hoon
23. The Dixie Cups -– Iko Iko
24. Lee Hazlewood - Run Boy Run
25. Jorge Ben - Ponta de lanca Africano (Umbabarauma)
26. Elmer Bernstein -– Clark Street
27. Skeeter Davis -– The End of the World
28. Todd Rundgren - Le Feel Internacionale

Make sure to enter the next caption contest and such a lovely prize may randomly become yours! This is the easiest prize I have ever won.

[Note: The cover of my winning CD is above. I am only guessing that the Amelia Earhart Luggage campaign was launched before her mysterious disappearance. Also, why is Santa there? He appears to be up to something...]

No comments: