Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Pee Party

Josh and I went to see Sergeant York (Howard Hawks, 1941) with Gary Cooper last night at the Paramount Theatre downtown, and I happened to have my camera in my purse. Lucky for me, this meant I could semi-document my favorite bathroom in all of Austin -- the ladies lounge in the balcony section of the Paramount.

The thing about me is, I have pee shyness. I hate public restrooms. I pretty much can't pee if someone else is in there making noise unless I have to pee really really bad. And please, for gods sake, don't try to talk to me while we are peeing. I hate that.

All my strange bathroom phobias disappear in the afternoon light of the Paramount ladies lounge. After walking through the spacious mirrored area, you come to a ample line of stalls faced by a set of windows. It is all nice and sunny on the tiles and sunshine floats into the stall by your feet. It is actually quite relaxing. The other bonus is that, at least during most of the movies, there is hardly ever anyone else in there. It is luxurious, quiet, sunny, and perfect.

I'll even go pee there when I don't really have to pee -- that is how great this bathroom is.

More Paramount photos here.

No comments: