Wednesday, February 21, 2007

SB Wednesday: We Need More Timothy Hutton Edition

Every time I see Timothy Hutton in something, I think about how I really don't see enough of him. And then when I looked at his IMDB profile, I realized that I haven't actually seen anything he's been in since Beautiful Girls. Is the problem with me, or is the problem with his movies?

Even though he is credited with 64 performances, I've only seen a handful of them (my favorite probably being The Falcon and the Snowman). He was even the narrator for Teenage Suicide: Don't Try It! in 1981. I might have actually seen that -- there were two suicides at my school when I was in junior high, and I remember there being a lot of assemblies and discussions about why that wasn't such a great idea.

Timothy Hutton's cuteness even mellowed Natalie Portman's tendency towards irritating me in Beautiful Girls. Maybe they should team up again...



Finally, not that I would advocate having a man-child as a SB -- just look at how cute wee Timothy was...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE "Beautiful Girls". I only have one secret boyfriend and he is Michael Rappaport, in that movie. "You been eatin' retard sandwiches?"

Anonymous said...

You should watch Timothy Hutton in "Nero Wolfe" the too short-lived 2001-2002 A&E series. Excellent!

amanda said...

ooh, i do love timothy but always foget. did you know angelina jolie has a big H tattooed on her wrist because of him? i wonder if she still has it or had it lasered off...

Unknown said...

mostly i just remember the christopher robin story from that movie. but wee hutton is adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tim is so gorgeous, I always have the same sensation, i don't see enough of him in movies, he's a terrific actor, so underrated. I guess I have a crush on him too, lol.