Saturday, August 13, 2005

Media Overload


I've been away from the computer for a few days while I rapidly ingested the newest Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Totally good, and although I can't believe that I've turned into a super Harry Potter fan, I did spend at least half an hour going over plot points and theories of what will happen next with a friend at work. Sheesh. Just stamp a big ole lightening bolt on my forehead while you're at it.

I got this volume on Tuesday from my new boss at work (as my former Harry Potter supplier, A., up and moved to North Carolina, and I didn't want to go out and buy it since I knew millions of others had and I could probably get one of those millions to loan it to me). But I am going off to New Orleans for a week on Monday, and I wanted to get the book back to my boss by Friday so that I wouldn't keep it for two weeks. I worked it out, and I think I read the whole 650 page thing in about seven hours -- after work I'd read as much as I could before dinner, then watch some episodes of Les Vampires with Josh (if you haven't seen this, go rent it -- its a French serial from 1915/1916 staring Musidora as Irma Vep, one of the lead members of the Vampires, a tricky theiving gang. She is awesome, and there are some pretty amazing stunts in there), then read more before bed. Thursday night we took a break from the vampires and went downtown to see We Jam Econo: The Story of the Minutemen instead, which was also good, but involved way less stunts than Les Vampires.

After the movie, I finished up the last 100 pages of H.P. and was only about half an hour late in going to bed. Ta da!

[And the picture with this post isn't of the latest Harry Potter book, but rather the first book with its Greek cover. Check out more international covers -- I really like the Germany, Iceland and Iran...]

No comments: