- Thinly slice one yellow onion
- Heat two teaspoons of canola oil in a non-stick frying pan
- Toss in your onions, along with 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of tarragon vinegar (if you have it, otherwise I'm sure another kind of vinegar would be fine)
- Cook those onions over medium-high for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are golden and smell delicious and carmelized
- Remove the onions from the pan and set them aside
- Put two pieces of Canadian bacon in the pan and cook for about one minute on each side
- Take that bacon out of the pan
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel, spray on a little cooking spray, and break two eggs into the pan.
- Cook the eggs over medium-low heat for about two minutes on each side, or longer if you don't like runny yolks
- Toast some good hearty white bread, put one egg, one slice of bacon, and a ton of onions into the sandwich.
I want to eat these for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the rest of my life. Also for dessert.
[Oh, and pictured above is actually a fried egg jellyfish, not something you should put on a sandwich. I considered that he might make the post less appetizing, but I couldn't resist him when I did an image search for "fried egg." Isn't he neat?]