Thursday, February 23, 2006

All the Pretty Horses

The latest randomly read book was the truly wonderful All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy. This was the first of his books that I've read -- Josh has been gushing about how great Blood Meridian was, and McCarthy has long been on my list of things to check out. In fact, this book is so enthralling that I know I can't do it justice with my rambling sort of review, so I won't even try. Other than to say: Great, and a book I kept thinking about going home to read all day while I was at work.

Just now when I was looking around for a picture of the book, I realized that Billy Bob Thornton sophomore directorial effort was a version of this book staring Matt Damon, with Penelope Cruz. Hmmm. It does also have Sam Shepard in it, and I think Billy Bob is a-okay, but I imagine I would be disappointed with this effort. I'd still be curious to see it though, and I could really see Matt Damon as the title character, although he is a little too old (even back in 2000).

Again: Great.

1 comment:

Plop Blop said...

"Blood Meridian" blew my socks out of my ass, but I haven't read any of his other books except "No Country for Old Men."