Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Me so hungee!

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon (at 1:20, in fact). No problem. Except that they want me to fast from midnight until after my appointment so they can do some bloodwork on me. A little known fact is that I have usually eaten like three times at least before 1:20 in the afternoon. I had a giant dinner of celebration last night, plus some cereal before I went to bed, but I'm already feeling the effects of no morning cereal.

About half the websites I looked at said you couldn't drink coffee or tea either when fasting for a cholesterol test, but the other half said it would be okay and I've decided to listen to them. I don't want to have a killer caffeine headache on top of woozy stomach and light head.

I should have made a damn morning appointment...

***

an update:

Fasting was not as hard as I thought it would be. It also saved me a lot of time what with not making a lunch the night before, not eating breakfast, and not taking a lunch break. I think I've hit upon a fabulous new time management plan.

The first few hours of being awake and not eating sucked, then I got into a zone where I just drank like ten-thousand glasses of water. I also had one cup of green tea first thing in the morning and one cup of coffee at work. The doctor and the lab tech were both totally impressed by my fasting skills. When I ate some leftover awesome fish chowder at 2:30 it tasted like the best food ever. Then Josh came home a few minutes later with sandwiches and I ate that too. In a little bit, I think I'll eat again. Gotta make up for lost time...

No comments: