Saturday, April 09, 2005

Invisible Sounds

The Brown Bunny Soundtrack is the best thing to listen to first thing in the morning. Although it is a little strange to look through ones cds and pick out the one with a picture of oral sex on the cover and say, yeah, this should be just right for my early morning listening pleasure.

Almost half the album is made up of John Frusciante songs that aren't actually in the movie, but that Vincent Gallo listened to constantly as he was making it. Since soundtracks aren't usually written/chosen until after the movie is made, I bet a lot of directors have an invisible personal soundtrack for their movies. It would be interesting to release a whole series of invisible soundtracks for movies and even for books and paintings and things. You could even go to a restaurant and get something really tasty, and then request a tape of what the chef was listening to when he made it... I really think I'm on to something here.

[Also, if you haven't seen Brown Bunny I would really recommend it. If you have seen it, let me know what you thought of it. I don't think I know anyone that has seen it except me and Josh. Plus the four dudes in front of us at the movie theatre that apparently only came there for the blow job at the end of the film and were cracking up and sneaking pulls from a whiskey bottle during the first 3/4ths of the movie. The oral sex is impressive, but there is a lot more going on in the film. Really.]

No comments: