Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Media Madness

To continue the Black Dahlia conversation, Josh pointed out to me yesterday afternoon that Brian De Palma is in pre-production on a movie version of the book. I'm not sure how I feel about Josh Hartnett in the lead -- I've only seen him in Black Hawk Down, which I didn't like that much. He kind of reminds me of a bunch of guys I went to high school with. I do like Aaron Eckhart, Hilary Swank, and Scarlet Johansson, though.

***

I've been meaning to note for a few days how happy I am that the local Fox station has decided to pair Seinfeld with the Simpsons in the after-the-news, before-prime-time, when-I'm-eating slot. That was the line-up when we first moved here, but then they switched it to Simpsons and That Seventies Show and later, Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle. I've got a rather neutral feeling for both of these shows. I certainly don't want to watch them every day (although I did), and neither one had enough episodes in syndication every single weekday. So, lets hear it for Fox, everybody, the only station that comes in on my TV.

No comments: