So, Josh is out of town this weekend (in New Orleans with some dude-friends, if you wondered where the Can-Smashing Robot or Movie-Watching Robot updates were) and I have the apartment entirely to myself. I can honestly count the number of times I've been all alone on one hand -- I have always had roomates that were always around, or lived with my parents, or lived with Josh. So far this is what I've done with my time:
1. Went to the grocery store for supplies
2. Talked to Josh on the phone and verified that he arrived safely.
3. Drank a beer and watched Judge Judy.
4. Took pictures of a bunch of shoes and a couple of shirts to (hopefully) sell on Ebay.
5. Read some of a cooking magazine.
6. Posted some of the shoes.
7. Took a shower
During numbers 4, 5, 6, and 7 I listed to the Flying Burrito Brothers best of album and sang every song really loud.
7. Heated up the rotisserie chicken I bought at HEB and steamed some asparagus. Josh hates asparagus and I love it, so I bought a bunch to eat while he is gone.
8. Set the VCR to record the season finale of CSI, directed by Quentin Tarantino.
9. Super cleaned the bathroom. I mean it. That sucker is clean. If you were to come over and pee in the toilet, you could even look into the shower and I would not be embarrased.
The Modern Lovers, cranked up, provided the cleaning soundtrack.
10. Drank another beer and posted some more things on Ebay.
While listening to Volume One of the Magnetic Fields, 69 Love Songs
11. Wrote this post
Right now listening to They Might Be Giants, Mink Car
Now, if I've already accomplished 11 things in the five hours since I got home from work, you know the rest of this alone time is going to be a blast. Either that or I've already peaked and from now on I just count the beers and sit in my own filth....