Thursday, September 14, 2006

Bowed

Tuesday evening after dinner I looked out the window to see if it was still raining and instead found this happy little rainbow! I hadn't seen one in a long time, and I think this might be the first one I've seen in Texas. We took a walk to look at it and enjoy the semi-coolness of between rainstorms, and a few streets down from our apartment we saw this big heron (or something? I'm not good with birds) that flew right over us, all low and everything. Most of our walks don't turn out that surreal.

In other news, I am on vacation! I took today and tomorrow off to play hostess to a friend of mine who is staying with us while she goes to the Austin City Limits Festival. While she is out rocking I will do fun stuff like read and drink coffee and go get my oil changed and not go to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea vacation! Call us if you want to meet for a drink whilst your friend "rocks out."