Monday, September 25, 2006

I'm a Dummies

When I'm not reading book club selections or really long biographical dictionaries of film that I'm on page 614 of but still have 349 pages to go on, I like to brush up on a little real estate investing. In this case: Home Buying for Dummies by Eric Tyson and Ray Brown (2006). I figure that someday I will be grown up enough to buy a house, and when that time comes, I would sure like to know what the hell escrow is and if equity is good or bad.

These dummies books are kind of silly, but I really like them for a basic overview of a topic. I don't want to become a real estate agent. I probably won't even start looking at mortgages and such for nearly another year (wait till car is paid off: yes), but I do want to have a vague idea of what I might possibly be getting into sometime in the unspecified future.

For that I give these dumb guys two dumb thumbs up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have that book and also some other book. "Home Buying for Bozos," or "Jesus Christ, Buy a Home Already; What Are You, Retarded?" or something like that. These books were informative, but they actually made me feel much more anxious about buying a house, not less.