Monday, September 18, 2006

Fashion dilemma

If you were a Texan gentleman of a certain age, what on earth would you wear to Ann Richards memorial service? Why, a big black cowboy hat, of course.

I happened to be walking over by the Erwin Center this morning shortly before the service started, and I spotted no less than ten black cowboy hats walking towards the service.

Actually, I wouldn't have minded going to the service too, as Ann Richards is pretty alright in my book, but I wasn't really dressed for it. And memorial services make me kind of antsy.

[As an aside, at the bottom of that UT press release, it interestingly notes: "There will be a pressroom with wireless connections. A limited number of tables for bloggers will be provided." I wonder when they started doing that?]

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I find this fascinating--the hats, the blogging tables, the photo. Thank you for making my day more interesting :)

steigrrr said...

i looked at this photo and for a second i thought maybe monday was going to be "extra secret gay boyfriend day."