Monday, January 29, 2007

Flat

A link to this page came up on the border of my Gmail account the other day, due to some unknown combination of keywords in the emails I was reading. While I can appreciate that military families, especially those with little kids, really miss their deployed family members, and have to do something to keep everyone's spirits up, I find the whole idea of a life-sized cutout of the soldier serving overseas as, actually, really really creepy. And kind of sad.

That being said, I'm having a "Flat Kristy" created as we speak. I think it will be a big hit at parties.

1 comment:

casual ninja said...

i'm very disturbed by many things here. the scale shifts especially bother me. in the picture you posted, those men are essentially giant heads forced to float amongst the wacky postmenopausal party. on the site you referenced, there is a picture of a small child sitting at a kitchen table next to a small cutout, about his size, of his father. he will have memories of a small paper daddy, cut off at the waist. the hell?