Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Gospel of Chipotle

I know you love to eat hamburgers. We all do. But sometimes hamburgers can get a little boring. Do you want to make the best hamburger you have ever had? Do you want it to take only 5 minutes longer than making a regular bore-burger? Try this:

Finely chop up half an onion. The finer the better, although it also works if you just sort of half-ass this step, like me, because I have no patience for chopping finely.

Get a can of chipotles in adobo and chop up at least one big pepper.

Use your hands to mix together the onion, the pepper, and a big spoonful of the adobo sauce with a pound of ground chuck. Add more adobo if you need super adobo-power.

Form a couple of patties.

Grill them up (I used my George Foreman grill, but I'm sure they would be even better -- if that is possible -- if you grilled them on an actual grill).

Put them on a good bun, and top with mustard, pickles, swiss cheese, and anything else your heart desires.

Eat them up. Yum!

1 comment:

carrie said...

that sounds so good! thanks for the tip!