Monday, January 01, 2007

Hangoverless

I think this is probably the first new year's day that I haven't been hungover in about ten years, discounting the first year Josh and I lived in Austin and we stayed home playing trivial pursuit and not drinking that much because we didn't know anyone in town.

To all those who invited us out to do stuff last night, I'm sorry I didn't get to see you and I wish that I could have given you a new year's kiss, but after two 11 hour days in the car driving through ice storms and snow storms (more on that later), I wasn't very good company. And I couldn't stand the thought of getting back in the car, even just to drive over to your house. Suffice it to say I held it together until midnight and promptly went to bed at 12:01 for the best night's sleep ever.

So, Happy New Year, fools. Enjoy your hangover while I enjoy many tasty new year's beers.

4 comments:

Mary P. said...

Happy 2007! We were happy to hear you made it home safe and sound!

Plop Blop said...

We also had a very low key New Year's Eve with just a couple of friends coming over. Ice storm driving is not conducive to being cool as ice on the dance floor of a New Year's drunkfest.

Lindsay said...

Yuck! I am glad you made it home!

I flew back to Miami on the 30th, so we just missed the snow. However, I have had the third sucky New Years in a row in Miami and was also hangoverless!

Anonymous said...

I was so sad to hear your tale of driving woe. That drive sucks dirty balls on the nicest of days. Next year, then!