Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Secret Boyfriend Wednesday: Not-so-distant-future Edition

How on earth did I never before realize how totally hot Clive Owen is? He is practically a textbook Secret Boyfriend, and yet I just didn't see it until I spent a couple hours watching him try to help the only pregnant woman on earth in the not-so-distant-future of Children of Men (which, incidentally, I really liked).

Not only does his character have one of my Secret Girlfriends as a wife (Julianne Moore = yay!), he is also tough, gets shot at a lot, gets all dirty and sweaty, and takes care of business. All while looking very soulful and intense, but not in an irritating way.

I saw Sin City, and I thought he was okay looking in it, but the SB just didn't burst through. Maybe I was distracted by all the stylization? Maybe I don't love comic book characters? The world will never know.

Here he looks more goofy and dorky than sexy, but wouldn't you look dorky too if Goldie Hawn was laughing it up right next to you like that?

3 comments:

amanda said...

way to steal next week's edition of secret boyfriend from me! okay, i joke, but lately i have been thinking an awful lot about how i want to sink my teeth into clive owen, and i mean that in the least cannibalistic way you can imagine.

carrie said...

clive owen is about 25% of the reason i wanted to see children of men in the first place. mmmm... grumpy hotness. and the movie was awesome!

Anonymous said...

Clive and I began our affair after I saw him in Croupier. You would totally dig this movie, sis.

-jillbot