Monday, November 13, 2006

Mama? Is that you?

While watching the Tales from the Darkside episode "In the Cards" last night, I almost immediately recognized the lead actress, Dorothy Lyman as daughter-in-law Naomi Oates Harper from the TV series Mama's Family. At first I was very proud of this, but in retrospect, I'm kind of un-nerved. I mean, I watched some Mama's Family in my youth, but I didn't think I watched it that much. Apparently I watched it just enough for all the characters to be permanently burned into my brain...

This site will bring it all back for you, explain why the show was funny, and connect it all with Chuck Taylor high tops. Just be patient.

[Additionally, Dorothy Lyman was married to Louis Malle's brother from 1987-2001, making her Candice Bergen's sister-in-law. Weird.]

1 comment:

carrie said...

i actually knew who that was from the picture too!!!