Thursday, November 30, 2006

SBW: Older and Wiser Edition

I've found that, even though I'm now thirty, my list of secret boyfriends hasn't really changed. A long time SB standby is none other than the sometimes blonde haired, sometimes brown haired, Viggo Mortensen.

For one thing, I appreciate that he spells his name with an "en." After so many people misspelling my "en" name, I am all for more "en"s in the world. IMBD tells me his dad was Danish. Go Danes!

Then -- Indian Runner. Have you seen this? It is awesome, and he is dead sexy in it. Look at those tattoos. Oh my.

In addition to that little Lord of the Rings thing you might have heard of (he was sexy in that, but I really already have enough pictures on this thing, and the long hair isn't totally my thing), he was also in A History of Violence. I love David Cronenberg movies across the board, but this one I especially liked. Plus there are some very good sex scenes in it, and I appreciate a good sex scene since they are usually so formulaic and just stuck in for no reason.

I'm not sure why he is kissing David Cronenberg here, but I support that too.

[He is also the ex-husband of X singer Exene Cervenka. Woo!]

2 comments:

casual ninja said...

i must say though, the skin around his mouth in the kissing photo is entirely unappealing. either there is some flesh eating virus at work, a brown recluse spider bite taking effect, or david cronenberg is devouring his soul, jowls first. bleh.

souljowls, my new sideproject. thank you.

Anonymous said...

did you know that viggo is also a poet and an accomplished photographer? It's nice that your sbf is so very talented. end of violence was one of the best movies I saw last year.