Thursday, November 02, 2006

SBW: Thursday Edition, GBV-style


It is hard when one of your secret boyfriends is the former bass player in a band that has since broken up. It makes it very difficult to find a picture that is just of him and that really captures the cute teddy-bear nature of his face, and the awesome rock and roll power of his stage presence. Tim Tobias is one such fellow.




Since Guided by Voices is pretty much Dr. M's favorite band of all time, we saw them every chance we could get before they broke up (which I think, for me, was five or six times?). Most of the times that I saw them, Tim Tobias was the bass player in the lineup. Just look at how cute his round face is. I love it.

On stage, Tim Tobias and Nate Farley would sometimes get so riled up by the rock and roll and the whiskey that they would kiss each other. I can't really explain it, but this was extremely sexy.

Once we saw them play an in-store at Waterloo, and we were ridiculously early (as usual). I was pretending to browse through CDs and Tim Tobias was looking at the CDs just across from me. Our eyes met and he smiled. Truly magical, folks. And honestly, probably the closest I've gotten to a personal encounter with any of my SBs.

It's hard to pick a favorite SB of all the GBV members (except the drummer, for whom I have no particular feelings). Nate Farley kisses the bass player and has this awesome rock and roll arm thing he does on stage. Plus cute tattoos. Tim Tobias has the teddy bear face and droopy eyes that I like. Robert Pollard does high kicks, has sexy grey and sometimes curly hair, and swings his microphone a lot. Doug Gillard is a class act, a great dresser, and an amazing guitarist. It is hard to choose, but, world, I've made my choice.

No comments: